Totem Pictures: Bringing together the East and the West
Totem Pictures is an unique agency that helps Western projects to secure equity investments and production partners in China; to co-produce and develop content that tailors to the Chinese and the international markets, be it film, scripted series, format or new media projects; as well as offering services that contribute to the production and distribution of media content internationally.
- Liaising with relevant Chinese decision makers: film and TV producers, investment funds, internet players, government authorities for your project
- Finding investments in China and South East Asia, packaging international co-productions
- Creative and artistic consulting services, particularly in script and format development, for your project to be approved by the Chinese authorities and to be attractive to the Chinese audience
- Strategic consulting services, including talent recruitment, production partners, cross platform marketing and promotion
- Line-producing services in China and Australia
- International sales and distribution
- Product placement opportunities and transmedia strategies
- Finding the right production and post production houses for your project
Jenny Zhang (张晶) is the founder and CEO of Totem Pictures.
Jenny grew up in a very artistic family working in the industry. She has spent a lot of time on different sets and productions since the age of two. After graduating from The University of Sydney (BA. Media & Communications), she kickstarted her media career in program sales at MTV Networks International, selling programs and formats for thirteen of its channels, including MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1 and Comedy Central to the Asia-Pacific market.
Since moving to Beijing in 2013, Jenny has worked on a number of blockbusters in China including Transformers: Age of Extinction, Dragon Blade (天将雄师), starring Jackie Chan, Adrien Brody and John Cusack, and Time Raiders (盗墓笔记), one of the biggest IPs in China to date.
Jenny has also produced two successful web series, and was appointed the Director of International Department at China Online Video Research Centre in 2015, where she develops formats, scripted series, and online features with various Chinese online platforms and their international partners.
Born in Shanghai, raised in Sydney, Jenny speaks English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Japanese fluently. She considers herself a true multilingual and multicultural, world citizen.
Totem has always been a firm believer of innovation and collaboration.
Keeping abreast of the latest technologies and emerging trends, Totem has formed strategic partnerships with Tourism Boards, E-commerce platforms and Tech companies around the world.
In an age where the line between media producers and consumers is blurred, active audiences are no longer satisfied with the traditional means of storytelling. Whether it's VR, AR or transmedia, Totem is passionate about staying innovative with the ways content are created and business framework are structured. We strive to build an entertainment eco-system that's creative, lucrative and sustainable.
Clients and Partners
News & Press
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below.